Running Is Out. Mini Trampolines Are In. by Kennedy Bigham

Being a former varsity track athlete, I used to run a lot. Sprints, hills, stairs, starts, relays, laps…you name it, I probably ran it. The only thing I avoided doing at all costs was distance running. I did not and still do not have the attention span or desire to run miles upon miles–especially not in the pouring rain that was common in the Pacific Northwest terrain I once called my training ground. I ran track for the fast action and friendly competition. And still today, I want my workouts to be exciting and fast-paced. 

Recently, I stumbled upon the best exercise of all time. Scrolling through the never-ending sea of videos on the popular social media app, TikTok, I found a video of someone talking about the effectiveness of jumping on a mini trampoline. And so my journey to purchasing my own mini trampoline began. To Amazon I went with my digital shopping cart at the ready. After some research I came up with a realistic price-point, determined the quietest and longest lasting options were the bungee cord trampolines, and set out armed with the dream mini trampoline in mind. As a college student living in an apartment, I knew I needed an option that was easily stored when not in use, so I found myself a mini trampoline with removable legs and bungee cord design. In the cart it went. The entire purchase rang up at just under $100. As one of my more spendy purchases of the year, I had high hopes, but I was nervous. 

A short week later my mini trampoline had arrived. I will admit, setup was not my favorite thing ever. I fought with those metal rods and bungee cords for about two hours before finally completing the setup of my newest piece of exercise equipment. With the only injury of the entire experience being mild bruising under my thumbnail, I was ready to test it out. Immediate joy. My new favorite way to start my mornings is by putting on a boppin’ playlist and jump, jump, jumpin’ on my mini trampoline. You can’t help but smile when jumping on a trampoline, so not only does it brighten your day, but it’s such an easy and fun way to be active and get your heart rate up at the beginning of the day. So, if you’re looking for an energy high that doesn’t make you want to cry…leave running behind and try a mini trampoline instead.