Need a Vacation Idea? Cruises are your Best Friend by Jessica Schaffer

Even though we are in the midst of the winter season, there’s no better time to start thinking about your vacation plans for the summer. Vacations are a way to escape from the realities of life. They provide a few days of solitude in this busy environment in which we live. However, although they are meant to be stress-free, planning them in advance can be a nightmare. Flights. Rental cars. Food. Hotels. It can get so overwhelming that you may even dread planning your vacation. Not to mention, the prices of all of these things can add up quickly. Well, good thing I am here to help you with your vacation planning needs! There is one simple solution to this dilemma: cruises.

Growing up, I can’t remember a time I wasn’t on a cruise ship for vacation. They are one of my favorite things in the whole world and there are so many reasons why. So, I have experienced all the different ways to get the most out of your cruise so you don’t have to! Now, I know that cruises are not everyone’s cup of tea, but hear me out— cruises are easy to plan, cheaper in the long run, and allow you to travel to at least three different countries in one week. Here are some of the reasons why you should book a cruise for your next vacation and why they are the best:

• To Unplug

Vacations are a time to unplug from all devices and just live in the moment. We live in a world where our phones and electronics never leave our side. Cruises allow you to be completely unplugged from reality. Even though there is Wi-Fi available onboard, I would recommend turning your phone completely off and putting it in the safe for the duration of the trip. This can be a great way to get some of your summer reading list done if you bring a book to enjoy. By doing this, you can truly embrace the experiences and memories you’re making.

• Meals? We’ve Got You Covered!

Food. Who doesn’t love food? As I mentioned before, regular vacations require you to plan out every meal. This involves finding the restaurant that everyone in your party enjoys and transportation to and from that restaurant. However, on a cruise, you don’t have to worry about planning your meals AT ALL. Cruises have something for everyone. You want a more casual dinner? You can go to the lido

deck and hit up the buffet. You want something a little nicer or more formal? You can go to one of the formal dining rooms onboard where you can enjoy a sit-down meal with your family and friends. Not to mention, there are also endless snack places onboard (such as a self-serve ice cream machine, pizza parlors, Mexican restaurants, and more!). Also— did I mention that the food is gourmet and is some of the best I’ve eaten in my life?

• Endless Ocean Views

Let me just say, you have not experienced true relaxation and joy until you’ve seen the ocean views from a cruise ship. Picture this: you’re standing on the lido deck of the ship— the warm, sea salt wind blowing in your face. You are standing at the edge of the railing, looking out at a bright blue ocean, waves effortlessly shifting left and right as the ship slowly sails through the gorgeous water.  I can say that the happiness I experience when simply watching the 

enormous, beautiful ocean while sitting outside is insane. Talk about relaxation!

• 24/7 Entertainment

Some may be concerned about getting bored while on a cruise. Well, let me just say that this theory is nearly impossible. From fitness classes to trivia to even a zipline, there is an immense amount of activities you can do during the day while on the ship. But the entertainment doesn’t stop at daytime activities; At night, you can enjoy professional shows that range from musicals to comedies. In addition, there are nighttime activities such as karaoke and movie nights by the pool. To find these activities, you can consult your cruise news which will be available when you get on board. Other forms of entertainment also include, but are not limited to, spending a few at the casino, shopping at tax–and duty–free shops onboard, swimming at the pool, and many more.

• Experience Something New

From trying new food to trying something new during an excursion, cruises allow you to expand your horizon and make long-lasting memories. Cruises are a way for you to step out of your comfort zone. These new experiences can help shape the person you are today— they sure have shaped me. You get to meet new people, really connect with your inner self, and simply enjoy just being completely at ease and relaxed.

Now, after reading these valid reasons as to why cruises are the best type of vacation, don’t you want to experience the fresh, sea salt air and beach hair waves? Don’t you want to expand your palette

by trying different types of foods from different places and cultures? Don’t you want to soak up the sun and get a glowing tan while chilling by the pool and at the beach? If you are saying “yes” to all of these questions, book your cruise now. I promise you will not regret it. Here’s a bonus for you too: how could you not love these towel animals?