Winslow’s Wine Cafe Review

By Makayla Lockard from Mansfield, TX

Living in the Dallas Fort Worth area, I’m always searching for the next best restaurant or wine bar. I decided to try Winslow’s Wine Cafe with my mom, located on Camp Bowie Blvd in Fort Worth. The outside of the restaurant is unique since it is in a former gas station and a valet is set up to park your car for free. The inside of the restaurant is cozy and cute. What stood out to me was a painting of a large dog with two different colored eyes which was placed at the front of the wine cafe. Apparently the restaurant was named after a dog named Winslow. There’s a small bar on the right, decorated with red cushioned barstool chairs where a lot of the locals hang out. My mom and I sat towards the back near the wood fired pizza oven. This was the best spot inside because we could see the pizzas being made which added to the experience. The outdoor patio is great for groups. There are plenty of tables and a nice brick fireplace at the back for when it starts to get chilly. On the other end of the patio, there is a firepit with cushioned chairs surrounding it. This is a great place to sit down, relax, enjoy some tasty snacks, while sipping on wine. Winslow’s has happy hour on their wines Monday through Saturday from 4-7 p.m. and Sunday from 4-10 p.m. The restaurant likes to change the specials up each week so check back to see what they are offering. When I went, I ordered a Blood Orange Margarita. It was tangy and sweet at the same time. I could taste the slight flavor of orange. I recommend trying it when you visit! I shared the Jim Bowie wood-fired pizza with my mom. Watch out for the spicy peppers because they leave a little fire in your mouth. I enjoyed the chicken, applewood smoked bacon, and the sweet barbecue sauce swirled on top of the pizza that added to the flavor. Some other items on the happy hour included: charcuterie boards, truffle fries, mini sliders, fried avocado, short rib quesadilla, mac & cheese, roasted mascarpone and goat cheese, hummus, salad, deviled eggs, and wood-fired pizzas. I love a tasty charcuterie board so that is something to consider the next time I visit. The ones I saw were nicely executed. The food and drinks were tasty and I’m interested in seeing which specials they will offer next.